Comic Reader- Art Forum Battle Royale Volume 1by MabelmaAction, Newgrounds, Battle, Comics, Art, App what else do you want, come check it out.
This comic reader gadget is a Flash developed App that allows you to:
- read a webcomic using panel to panel navigation and page to page movement
- Add a sound track to your webcomic experience
- Expand upon your webcomic world with a character database, an environments sheet,and an about page.
- Bookmark important moments in your comic with the bookmark feature.
- Link to other places like your store, or your website
- All with the magic of Flash and now Ruffle Emulation
This specific versions of the Comic Reader focuses around the 2004, Art Forum Battle Royale from right here in NG. Read the events in forum-form.
It features 15+ pages of comics taken from the forum and put together in this interactive environment. It's easily navigated using your keyboard keys and the bottom arrows of the book, all with your mouse. If you get stuck for whatever reason, use the bookmarks to get the around, or if all else fails click the top left corner to go back to the beginning and start again.
Have fun, enjoy the show, and if you'd like to give this open source app a try with your own comic, hit me up on Private Message and I'll send you the source .fla (Adobe Flasch AS2) for you to mess around.
Feel free to post your feedback, and any bug you might find. It took me a long time to put this together, and I learned a lot in the process so I might go back and fix some extra bugs on this build, but I am much more interested in doing a Port to Unity so we can go mobile with it. Let's see what the year brings.
Huge thanks to all the artists that worked on this comic more than 17 years ago. Hope this brings joy to y'all.